Three cheers for cheese – the food that makes us happy to be alive!
13 things only serious cheese addicts understand
1. A meal isn’t valid if cheese isn’t present. If the meal doesn’t center on cheese then it must be added as a topping or even on a small side plate. You refuse to settle for anything less.
2. You have a cheese itinerary when you go on a trip. A trip isn’t a trip unless you’ve planned with military precision all of the places in your destination that have some special cheeses, or cheese dishes.
3. Melted cheese = bliss. You spend a large proportion of the day just wishing that a plate of gooey melted cheese would magically appear in front of you.
4. Your drunken food choice is cheese based. Either cheesy chips, or a cheese pizza. Extra cheese, obviously. And if you’re a bit broke then six packets of Extra Cheesy Wotsits.
5. You can easily eat a whole block. You’re quite content with nibbling on an entire block and feel not an ounce of guilt.
6. You can’t choose one type of favourite. Seriously it would be like asking a parent to choose which child they love the most.
7. Cheese snobbery is a real thing. As a cheese connoisseur you judge people on the type of cheese they eat. Sometimes you even base entire relationships on this.
8. You don’t like people who don’t like cheese. You write them off as people that aren’t worthy to be around you. And also assume that they are slightly weird.
9. It’s all about stuffed crust pizza. Cheese pizza with extra cheese stuffed in the crust is your version of lobster – basically fine dining at it’s best.
10. You’re a huge fan of the Brockworth cheese-rolling race. Finally a group of people that understand what it means to love cheese as much as you do.
11. You find inventive new meal concoctions to satisfy your cravings. Melted cheese on sushi? Sure, it could work.
12. You have a signature cheese on toast/grilled cheese dish with numerous secret ingredients. Many a time people have tried to get you to give it up, but you refuse.
13. You’ll happily spend a large amount of your income on posh cheese – ANY amount for that cheese from the special food counter in a posh department store? Yeah, go on then. YOLO.